You might be looking for the best shampoos and conditioners for hair extensions because just like natural hair, wigs and hair extensions require special care to look their best. Shampoo and conditioners are must require by the hair extensions to stay looking smooth and luxurious.
But it is important to choose the right product. You must be fully aware of maintenance products before buying for your hair extensions.
Here, 8 best shampoos and conditioners for hair extensions are reviewed. They are reviewed after proper research and the products are shortlisted on the basis of quality. So, you can buy them without hesitation. And don’t forget to read the guide to buy the best shampoos and conditioners for hair extensions given at the end before purchasing any product.
Reviews on the 8 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Hair Extensions
1. MATRIX Total Results Length Goals Shampoo for Hair Extensions (Best Shampoo for Hair Extensions)
MATRIX total results length goals shampoo is one of the best shampoos for hair extensions in the market. The reason for saying it the best is that it is highly rated and is recommended by different beauty experts.
As far as I have researched, it is a great product that will maintain your hair extensions and will give them a longer life.
It will clean your extensions very well. Also, it rinses easily and is a quality product. If you are looking for the best shampoo for hair extensions you can give it a try. You won’t regret your purchase as proper research is done before recommending it to you.
- Protects Color Vibrancy
- Restore Shine
- Gentle Good Smell
- Not greasy.
- Suitable for both human and synthetic hair extensions
- Suitable for all kinds of extensions whether clip-ins, tape-ins or others.
- The style of the bottle is a bit flimsy. So be careful while handling.
2. HairUWear “Cleanse” Shampoo for Wigs & Hair Extensions (Best Shampoo for Synthetic Hair Extensions)
If you’re looking for the best shampoo for synthetic hair extensions then HairUWear “Cleanse” Shampoo will be the best choice for you. It will revive your hair extensions and will make them look like new. Especially it works great on synthetic hairpieces. It will make the strands of extension more mist and flexible.
You’ll be pleasantly surprised after washing as this shampoo gently cleans the extensions and enhance their shine. The light fragrance will also create a soothing feeling. So, just buy it now to revive your hair extensions now.
- PH balanced shampoo
- Beautiful Fragrance
- Washes out easily
- Provide shine and will moisturize your hair extensions
- A small amount of shampoo will be required.
- Suitable for both synthetic or human hair. But best for synthetic hair.
- Not suitable for you if you don’t like fragrances.
3. HairUWear “Restore” Leave-in Conditioner & Heat Styler Protector for Wigs & Hair Extensions
If you are thinking of disposing of your hair extensions after entanglement then wait for a minute. Here is the product to revitalize your hairpieces. Just give it a try.
Wash your hair extensions with HairUWear “Cleanse” Shampoo, condition them with HairUWear “Restore” Leave in Conditioner, then while still wet, spray a ton of this product on, then let them dry overnight.
Your extensions will be restored without being greasy and will look smoother and shinier. Also, it is great for removing the tangles from your hair extension. Just spray it and tangles will come out easily.
- Best for removing tangles
- Restore your old hair extensions
- Provide protection against the heat
- Not greasy
- Provide Gentle Moisture
- Revitalize your hairpieces
- Can be used for both human hair and synthetic hair extensions
- Overusing may result in the buildup.
4. Jon Renau Shampoo for Synthetic Fiber Wigs
The specialty of Jon Renau Shampoo is the easy washing of the fibers. It mixes well with the cold water and rinses out easily leaving the hair extensions clean and softer. It also restores the salon body and increases the life span of the hair extensions. The soft fragrance won’t be overwhelming for you.
Safe to use on synthetic hairpieces, you must give this a try. This product promises excellent results. You won be disappointed while spending your money on Jon Renau Shampoo for Synthetic Fiber Wigs.
- Imparts Glow
- Easy rinse out
- No build-up or residue
- Lovely Fragrance- Not overwhelming
- Suitable for Synthetic hair extensions
- Not preferred for Human Hair Extensions. Check out the 1st and the 6th products if you want a shampoo for human hair extensions.
5. Revlon Texturizing Cleanser for Synthetic Hair Wigs
Revlon Texturizing Cleanser is also one of the best cleansers for synthetic hair extensions. A small amount of the cleanser is required to get good leather and have unbelievably shinier and smooth hair.
The plus point is that it does not weaken the extension bonds and increases the life span of synthetic hair extensions.
You will find your hair extensions softer after using the cleanser. No doubt, you will love your extensions after using Revlon texturizing cleanser.
- Increases manageability and control
- Remove dirt and oil
- Give a natural and smoother look
- Needed in low quantity
- Keeps the hair healthy
- Detangles hair gently
- Makes brushing easier
- Best for synthetic hair
- The fragrance is a bit strong which might be unpleasant for you.
- Not for human hair
6. Awesome Human Wig Shampoo
Awesome human hair extensions shampoo will make tour extensions smooth, shiny, and look new. The main quality of this product is that it prevents the extensions from dryness. It cleans the extensions without stripping them dry.
The coconut oil in the ingredients makes the hair extensions more voluminous and shinier. Just use it once or twice in a weak, when you find extensions dry and rough. It is one of the best hair extension care solutions. Needless to say, this shampoo is best for your human hair extensions.
- Prevents Dryness
- Prevent the damages to hair extension
- Don’t make the extensions frizzy
- Makes the hair extension softer and shinier
- No shedding while washing
- Best for human hair extensions
- Not preferred for synthetic/artificial hair extensions
- Don’t use if you are allergic to coconut oil.
7. Brandywine Non-Static Shampoo & Revitalizing Conditioner Value Pack Bundle
Brandywine Non-Static Shampoo & Revitalizing Conditioner is a highly recommended easy to use bundle. Use it without hesitation for both natural and synthetic hair extensions.
Your hair will look and smell great after they dried! It will not leave residue and will make them have non-static. This pack will be cost-effective and will revitalize your hair extensions.
- Makes hair softer
- Increase the volume of Extensions
- Prevents Buildup
- Rejuvenates hair extensions
- Lovely scent
- Makes the hair shiny and soft
- Suitable for both natural and synthetic hair
- Availability issues
8. Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo and Conditioner for Color Treated Human Hair Extensions
Nexxus color assure shampoo and conditioner are specially designed for the protection of color-treated hair.
It has a customized formula with proteins to make your colored hair extensions last longer and will enhance their shine. Also, it will help to protect essential proteins within the hair fiber and will moisturize your hair.
Labeled as the best, this product is best for color-treated hair extensions maintenance. It will keep your extension color intact longer and you’ll find them softer and more manageable. It is only suitable for human hair extensions.
- Extend Color Vibrancy
- Clean Scent
- Let your hair extension color last longer
- Brightens the color and restore shine
- Not suitable for synthetic hair extensions. Look at number 2 and 3 products for synthetic hair.
- Ensure extending color vibrancy only up to 40 washes.
A Guide to Buy Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Hair Extensions
It is important to buy shampoo and conditioner which is appropriate for your hair extensions. Otherwise, you’ll end up losing your money and time. So, must take a look at the following factors before buying shampoo and conditioner for your hair extensions.
1. Check the Ingredients
Before purchasing any shampoo and conditioner for hair extensions, take a look at the ingredient list. First of all, check that it must not contain any element to whom you are allergic. Secondly, check for the scent. Many people do not like shampoos and conditioners with a strong scent.
So, take into account your choice. Thirdly, check whether it is sulfate-free or not. For hair extensions, sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoos are the best. So, must check it.
2. Know your Hair Extensions
Choose the shampoo and conditioner for hair extensions, check the type of your hair extensions. Certain shampoos are best for synthetic hair extensions while others are for human hair.
So, know your hair extensions well and then buy the best shampoo and conditioner appropriate for your hair extensions.
3. Choose Best Quality Shampoos and Conditioners
It is necessary to choose a good quality product for the durability of your hair extensions. Cheap and low-quality shampoos and conditioners will lead to dryness and tangles in your hair extensions. So, choose the best product in terms of quality to keep your hair extensions in the best form.
Taking care of your hair extensions and maintaining it in the best possible condition is essential. Shampooing your hair extensions and applying conditioner in the proper way will let your extensions last longer and will keep them softer and cleaner.
The above-mentioned products are shortlisted for you so that you can choose the best product for your hair extensions easily. Choose the appropriate one and revitalize your hair extensions.